4. public tender for sub-measure 16.5 Support for joint action to mitigate or adapt to climate change and for joint approaches to environmental projects and ongoing environmental practices
PROJECT TITLE: Digital platform for winegrowers in introducing common environmental approaches to reduce the burden of agriculture on the environment - SMART AGRO GRAPE
SUMMARY: The EIP project (European Innovation Partnership) SMART AGRO GRAPE addresses the following topics with the content of establishing a digital platform for winegrowers in the introduction of common environmental approaches in order to reduce the burden on agriculture:
Sustainable use of agricultural land by ensuring fertility and preventing soil erosion and degradation.
Sustainable plant protection.
Reducing the burden from agriculture on surface and groundwater and efficient and sustainable use of water on the farm.
The project establishes an innovative partnership that, with joint efforts, experience and knowledge, will address the challenge of technologically and economically efficient approaches, technologies and practices in optimizing vineyard management within the concept of smart vineyards on participating farms.
GOALS: The overall goal of the project is to obtain relevant sensory data directly and indirectly from selected locations of agricultural holdings in order to store, analyze and set up an advanced digital platform that will enable technologically, economically and environmentally efficient management of agricultural land - vineyards to reduce the burden of agriculture on the environment. More detailed goals of the project are:
- Establish an innovative partnership on the project that will be professionally competent and able to carry out the necessary development and testing to improve management efficiency
- Raise knowledge and digital competencies in the field of advanced digital technologies and IoT tools of the winegrowers involved
- Acquire and include in testing the necessary new technologically advanced digital sensory equipment for collecting the necessary data in the field and installation and inclusion in use in selected vineyards
- Collect quality sensory and other environmental data and archive and analyze the obtained data in a database for the construction and installation of an effective forecasting module
- Develop new agricultural practices and indirectly ensure savings and improve the efficiency of working time on the farm
- Contribute to the sustainable use of agricultural land with new solutions, practices and knowledge
- Carry out effective training and knowledge transfer to project stakeholders and carry out effective dissemination of results
- Provide sustainable solutions in viticulture within the concept of 'smart vineyards'
EXPECTED RESULTS: The key results of the project include:
- Developed 1 (one) new user / farmer friendly application
- Established 1 (one) digital platform in the cloud for processing sensory and environmental data
- Developed 1 (one) numerical forecasting model to reduce the impact of agriculture on the environment
- Acquired sensory equipment and trained for use on farms
- Implemented 1 (one) training program and at least 10 qualified agricultural holdings
- Completed at least 3 (three) knowledge transfer events
- Implemented transfer of knowledge into practice in at least 5 (five) different ways
- Extended results of the EIP project using at least 5 (five) or more different types of communication tools
- At least 1 (one) event organized by the members of the partnership
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering (lead)
- KMETIJSKA ZADRUGA AGRARIA KOPER, z.o.o., Koper
- 2KM Consulting d.o.o.
- PERCIPIO d.o.o.
- ANDREJ KRMAC, farm
- MATEJ KRALJ, farm
- JAN BORDON, farm
- DOMEN JOGAN, farm
- ROK RAŽMAN, farm
- KATJA LEBER VRAČKO, farm
- Kobal Wine Estate, wine and spirits company d.o.o., farm business